What are the Electrical requirements of the QUANTUM?
- POWER: The system requires a fused circuit at a minimum of 12VDC at 15 amps measured at the QUANTUM.
- INTERLOCK: A brake or safety interlock signal is required. Note that the brake/safety interlock and ignition signals can be supplied in 12 VDC’s with any installation.
Additional Electrical Notes: : At constant voltages below 10V the QUANTUM will go into a protective state. Additionally, QUANTUM features internal protection against power spikes and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) to approximately 10,000 volts. All Electro-Mechanical Interference (EMI) is protected coming into the unit, and the QUANTUM does not discharge any EMI.
Are drawings or CAD available?
Can an OEM use their own controls for the driver interface?
Does the QUANTUM work with side facing flip seats?
Will the QUANTUM interface with OEM Input/Output (I/O) systems?
What are the specifications on the driver interface?
The ‘ON/OFF’ switch has 5 terminals, and the ‘SEC/REL’ switch has 10.
Can the QUANTUM be removed from inside the vehicle?
How bright is the Quantum LED lighting on the rotating arm?
How does the Driver Interface operate?
OFF: The QUANTUM station User Interface is disabled (only the driver can operate the unit)
SECURE: Will initiate the wheelchair securement process
RELEASE: Will release the wheelchair and bring the QUANTUM arms back to stowage
INTERLOCK NOTE: The QUANTUM unit remains interlocked and can not be bypassed by the above controls. This means that drivers may not secure or release the QUANTUM arms when the vehicle is moving.
How much pressure is applied to a wheelchair?
- The Initial Squeeze is when the QUANTUM arms first come into contact with the wheeled mobility device. For safety purposes, the initial squeeze captures the chair at approximately 25 lbs. and alerts the driver that QUANTUM is prepared for full securement, allowing the operator time to ensure there are no concerns before proceeding.
- The Final Squeeze occurs when the driver pushes the button on the driver interface on his dashboard, moving the mobility device pressure to approximately 50 lbs. of force. It’s important to note that if the driver does not acknowledge the mobility device passenger by pressing driver interface button and starts to drive the bus, the QUANTUM will proceed with the Final Squeeze automatically to ensure the safety of the passenger.
Ordering & Delivery
What are the lead times?
What documentation comes with the QUANTUM?
- Installation Manual
- Use and Care Manual
- Operator Placard
- User Placard
- Quick Reference Guide
Will the Quantum ship with everything needed for an installation?
What are the interface options for the QUANTUM?
What is the expected Maintenance on the Quantum?
- Preventative Maintenance: A Preventative Maintenance schedule includes a checklist for functional testing to be performed along with regular vehicle preventative maintenance schedules
- Arm Grips: The arm grips feature a very durable over-molded rubber. While we don’t anticipate normal wear and tear to cause any visible damage to the rubber, the design of the QUANTUM has anticipated field replacement of the grips and will be available if required.
What additional testing has been performed?
WHO DO I CONTACT FOR SERVICE?
Email: [email protected]