Powering the next generation of wheelchair passenger safety
THE iQ CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Launched in 2014, Q’STRAINT’s research and development facility leads the industry in product innovation. The iQ Center aims to continually develop smart, technology-driven solutions for wheelchair passenger safety and accessibility.
Technology & Innovation
HYGE™ Crash Simulator
- 5,000lbs Max Payload
- 60g of Max Acceleration
- 225,000lbs Peak Thrust Delivery
- 0-60mph in 0.1 sec.
Crash Test Dummies
- Humanetics Hybrid III 50th Percentile Male
- 124 sensor channel capability
- Joint articulation accurately mimicking human behaviour
- Design evolution since 1976
Phantom R320S Cameras
- Captures images at up to 240,000 fps
- 1920×1200 HD resolution in full colour
- LED SunBlast™ lighting by Luminys
- Cameras run at 1000fps
Data Acquisition Micro
- 42mm Cube Small Footprint
- 5,000g Max Acceleration:
- Low Mass and Power Efficient
- Modular System up to 384 channels
Full Vehicle (SBA) Anchorage Test System
- Capable of accommodating test vehicles of up to 7.5 metres in length
- Typically delivers a static pull force in excess of 6 tonnes
- Servo Electric linear actuators allow clean, silent, precise and highly controllable test configurations
- Super light synthetic chain made of high resistance fibres
- Real time controller with specific ECE R14 advanced control strategies for improved accurate control
- 6,000 square-foot structure
- iQ Customer Lounge with viewing station
- A team of highly specialized development engineers and technologists
We promise an unmatched commitment to excellence, running rigorous testing and comprehensive product inspections.
In our continual efforts toward quality control, we conduct our own crash simulations on-site at the iQ Centre.
Our state-of-the-art technology allows us to study, test and certify new products, bringing them to market quicker than ever before.
The Amazing HYGE™ Crash Simulator
The HYGE™ accelerator sled is capable of reproducing crash conditions simulating a vehicle impact in excess of 60 mph. The sled test can deliver a whopping 225,000 pounds of thrust (equivalent to a modern jet fighter); and is capable of handling in-vehicle tests up to 2.25 tonnes; acceleration to of 60gs and speeds of 66 mph in 0.1 seconds!
Watch an iQ Crash Test
“Thank you for a most enjoyable visit to the iQ.
You guys set the bar really high!”
-The ISO Committee, ISO.org